PLC5 Message Block Problems through DHRIO Module

Steve Cav

Hi,

I currently have 5 DH+ networks, each with approx 10 or so PLC5s on it. In order to communicate between each network a ControlLogix routing table was configured containing DHRIO modules to allow communication between the networks. This has worked successfully for several years without problem.

However, since the number of messages has increased, the message blocks on occasion are taking upto 100 secs to transmit a block of data, causing the watchdogs to time out (currently set at 40 secs) and triggers an alarm. The amount of data being sent is trivial for a DH+ network and this was confirmed by connecting a DH+ analyser.

As the problem is on all highways I suspect a problem with the DHRIO module rather than with any of the networks. I have searched the Rockwell knowledgebase without success.

Has anyone else come across a similar problem. I know I could simply monitor the .EN bit of the MSG instruction and if on for X sec set the .TO bit and re-send but I'd like to know the cause of the problem if possible.

Steve