Thanks for the information

Clay B.

Lifetime Supporting Member
I would like to thank everyone who responded to my STL Books question. I did go back to the Seimens web page and dig a little deeper. This gave me a great deal more information than I had. I am still searching for the Berger books, maybe some day I can find some in english (have found them in several other languages online). I did see that he has a recent one that is STL, but it is geared toward S7 (nothiing quite that modern here). Has anybody read that book and would it help me with the S5's to purchase it.

Thanks
Clay B.

As a reference, the Berger book on Step 7 is excellent and it is laid out in pretty much the same way as Berger's book on Step 5. Before coming across Berger's book however, I found the Step 5 CPU technical manuals (the ones that are about two inches thick) a good source of information as they gave STL examples. Which CPU do you need to refer to ?