Codes in PLC

jayshah11

Hi

I would like to know how are these codes assigned to different parts of the Ladder Diagram. Is there a guide or a manual for that. For example 0001 for start swith.

Thanks

Jay

I think that the code you are referring to is more like an address.

For instance an input card or an output card.

If you look at this recent post: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2486

you will see what I mean.

Inputs
etc

Outputs
etc

Internal Coil
etc

These aren't the same for every PLC though for instance on a GE 90-30 PLC inputs are in the form of %I1, %I2, etc and outputs are %Q1, %Q2 so depending on the PLC you are using you will have different methods of addressing your inputs, outputs, timers, counters, and registers as well as any other functions the PLC may offer. So whichever PLC you use you will need to learn the addressing scheme that goes along with it.

Codes in PLC II

Ok I understand that there are different codes for different p=PLCs. I would like to what particular PLC are you talking about with these codes. And can i get a code manual for that one?

Jay

Phil's tutorial

If you are referring to the tutorial on the site - there is no such PLC.

Phil Melore wrote the tutorial to be non-brand specific. So you won't find any real PLC using exactly that kind of addressing scheme, although some will come closer than others.

There's a thread in the old forum where we catalogued various PLC brands addressing structure. Perhaps that will help you.

CLICK HERE

Jay, you are probably best served by doing three things:

First, do the tutorial on this site and purchase Phil's book for reference.

Second, go to a couple of PLC manufacturer's sites and get the catalogs sent to you, or review them on line. Here are a couple:

http://www2.automationdirect.com/store/Home/Home

http://www.ab.com/plclogic/

Third, download the manuals for a couple of PLCs and scan through them, looking for similarities and differences.

Then come back here with more specific questions. We will be very glad to help, but we can't do a turorial one question at a time on the forum.

What PLC Important?

Hi

I am going through the manuals of Allen-Bradley SLC 200 and GE 90-30. I would like to know that to get into the job market right now which are the most important PLCs used so that i can start reading on them and get back here with the questions?

Jay