Panelbuilder 32 issues

hitesh

Hi all

I am having issues with saving a panel builder program that I have uploaded from an old panel view 550.

When saving the program i get error - failed to save document

There are no errors when validating

Help

The file has some errors with node addresses and node type.
Give it any name and node type for testing. Validate and then try saving the file. Error appears at this point.

One quirk that I found with panelbuilder 32 is the file path that you are saving it in. If it is too deep (too many folders in folders in folders) then it will not save. Try to save it on your root directory C: first and see it that is your problem.

hitesh,

There are no errors when validating

There are many...

As Flopro has stated you need to select a PLC that has DH+ if that is what you plan on using...You have only one error but its effecting all tags. Check you node settings

hitesh

i just tried your file and every single line in validation report is an error #8009 ("Device SLC_1 has no DH485 port or not connected ...."). validation even aborts with message "Too many exceptions...". you should open file click on menu Application and select Validate All...
Problem is in Application Settings / Communication Setup...
you need to specify correct PLC. for example if you choose SLC 5/03 OS 302 it will pass validation and you will get only three warning about object overlapping but no errors.

A picture speaks a thousand words

dh485error.jpg

Mickey said:
I get same results. One thing that bothers me is you sent us a .PBA
file. When you upload from a PV you should get a .PVA. ( I think)

Try this:
http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/A018A700AC99043885256B66004B4EC9?OpenDocument

Once a PVA is opened you're able save it again as a PBA (which he may have done).

hitesh, all of your tags are binaries and integers (simple) so you should be able to hook this up to about anything that supports DH485 but as stated above you need to go into the comm setup and set device SLC_1's node type to whatever you are going to connect it to.

Im on PB32 3.8 Build 226

If i set the comms to say a 5-04 os 400 and then validate i get a few minor warnings about graphics but nothing major.

I then do a save and everything saves fine for me no probs.

See attached

Last edited: