programmer docking station error

rodney312s

I have a Dell D620 that i just got and it has the following programming software installed on it. When i click "Start"--"Undock Computer" i get an error that the the service "WinRT" does not support Plug and Play and cannot be stopped. Has anyone else had this problem that can help? I talked to Dell Support and they don't know which of the software programs is causing the error to come up. If anyone knows how to fix this or any advice would be greatly appreciated.

InTouch WonderWare development with ActiveFactory
505 Workshop
Simatic Manager
DriveMonitor
RSLogix 500
Pactware 3.0
Microsoft Source Safe
Power Tools Pro

Thanks
Rodney

No this is a new laptop and i installed all the software. I'm just not sure what WinRT even is so i don't know what i'm looking for to fix the problem.

By the way this is a lease machine from dell with xp for an operating system.

Last edited:
RSDoran thanks for the info

I opened Device manager on my computer and WinRT isn't listed there. Do you know what WinRT is used for or which program may have created it? I will try to get to it from the root directory.
thanks again

thanks mickey and rsdoran for the info
i also had a program called "6000 driver" which is used to program apex servo drives it had the winrt file in it i just removed it and my computer is working good now
A+ Thanks again Rodney

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully someone can give me more information on how he resolved this issue. I have the exact same problem and I did have 6000 driver installed on my machine. Although I unistalled a while ago, but the issue never went away.
Thanks