slc had the SPC function...

Probably because the SLC's are newer, and the PLC's also had the ability to do scaling right at the analog modules.

Creating a 'y=mx+b' scaling subroutine isn't that difficult, and has been brought up here many times.

use the compute instruction CPT. Standard 1771 analog cards are 12 bit, so your raw counts will be 0-4095.

Divide current counts by max counts, this wil give you percent of scale, then multiply that by the span of your engineering units, then add any offset from zero.

Here's an example using engineering scale of 50-300, assume current counts are 2047.

((2047/4095)*250))+50=scaled results of 174.97(stored in a floating point register)

Similar Topics

I’m attempting to send a temperature from a SLC-5/02 to an EZiMarquee display. The vendor said to use a MSG instruction to send the data to the...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have a few SLCs in my plant and of late we've seen a weird issue: The system will be running normally and then randomly the outputs...
Replies
Views
I am working on setting up a Prosoft Datalogger model PLX51-DLplus-232. This unit will be collecting data from a SLC 5/05 on the DB9 port set to...
Replies
Views
I have a redundant ControlLogix being set up. This program reads a value from a remote site which happens to be SLC PLC. Rockwell mentions SLC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ControlLogix redundant controller being set up. The program reads a value from a remote site which hosts a SLC PLC. Rockwell...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom