VIPA PLCs

nvs

I would like to know whether VIPA Plcs are reliable for Process Control applications. Has anyone used VIPA PLCs and found the performance to be good?

Hi,
so as I am young and with not quite 2 years experience in PLC world I cannot have also much experience witrh VIPA :) ...but
about 2 months ago there was a man from Vipa in Firma where i work. This PLC's seems to be quite good, in some cases better then Siemens(Speed 7). What you have to check is if they have this what you need. I mean theirs offer is rather as a compltion of S7 from Siemens for special applications where Siemens can't be applicated.
From my boss I have heard that so about 10-15 years ago he wanted to apply Vipa's products. But somehow those PLC didn't wantet to work properly. There was always some problems with programming, there were errors and and... But as we both noticed Vipa nowadays is much more better then one decade ago. Vipa is pretty big company and it wouldn't be possible if their quality was not good.
Where do you want to apply Vipa? In what application and in what country?

VIPA is very good PLC and we are using on two machines since 5 years and doesn't notice any hardwae failure. we are using SIEMENS S7 software only.

Hi, we have here running a couple of vipa plc's, we programmed them with the step 7.
They are doing something like quality data adquisition in a couple of productions lines. They work well, but out of that, nothing to say.

Vipa

I have purchased a few vipas, and have had no problems with them. The Speed 7 runs at speeds up to 10 times faster than the 400 series S7's but ar 300 series in size. they are cheaper, have an ethernet port built in, and reliable.:)

Dear Mr.Arun,
I am new to Simatic Manager. I would like to know how to assign a BOOL type Input from a DB to a Function Block?

For eg, I would like to make a single Function Block and use multiple Instance DBs to assign different Digital Inputs to the same FB asper the CALL.

If possible, could u pls help me with a description?

Thank you very much

Best Regards,

NVS