Panelview 300 Message: Error

donl517

I have a panelview 300 that is giving me the ERROR state rather than the state that is being called for. Any ideas on what the cause could be? I attached the part of the program with the message screen.

TIA,
Don

A couple of things jump out at me; first, you have multiple states assigned the same value. Second, your tag is configured as a value of unsigned integer type in the object dialog, but is defined as a bit in the tag database.

If the register value is 10, then you must assign a value of 10 to one of your states. Any time an undefined value is seen in the tag for this object, you will get the "ERROR" message.

mgvol said:
If the register value is 10, then you must assign a value of 10 to one of your states. Any time an undefined value is seen in the tag for this object, you will get the "ERROR" message.

I see it. I knew that too! The screen isn't wide enough to show the values column. Doh!

Thanks,
Don

I'm pretty sure you must define ALL parameters in the tag editor. This includes "address" and "node name".

You also didn't define your F5 pushbutton in the tag database. You need to validate the application without erros or you're dead in the water.

Last edited:
Jimmie_Ohio said:
I don't see N7:1 in the tag editor...

Probably because I cut and pasted this screen to a new file. It is defined in the original.

The problem was with the values of the screens. I forgot to assign them to the new screens I added.

Thanks,
Don

That was it! I had added several screens to the project and forgotten to change the Value of the screen. Everything above screen 9 had a value of 9. I knew it was something stupid did!

Thanks for the help,
Don

donl517 said:
I knew it was something stupid did!
donl517 said:
Probably because I cut and pasted this screen to a new file. It is defined in the original.
It sure is hard to troubleshoot the file when what you post isn't the EXACT one with the problem...Glad you got it fixed, though.

Jimmie_Ohio said:
It sure is hard to troubleshoot the file when what you post isn't the EXACT one with the problem...Glad you got it fixed, though.

Sorry, I did not think about that. There is some sensitive info in the original that I did not want posted.

Thanks for the help!
Don