Simatic S7-200 OPC-server?

ason

Hey, i need to connect a PC to a S7-200 PLC to store a value that i will read in excel or something.
going to use a laptop straight to the PLC,
going to have 1 analog input and 1 analog output and when the value is same on bout it will write to PC,

I was told that i need a OPC server and a PPI cable to do that,
and siemens got PC access or someting to do that,
is there any other OPC server prog. and for free?
and what is modbus? serching the forum and was reading about that but dont get it what it´s, can it be something for me?

Hi Markus.

The OPC Server is called "PC Access v1.0" order # 6ES7840-2CC01-0YX0.
You also need a PPI cable.

There are no free OPC servers that I know of.
Modbus is a different protocol. S7-200 uses PPI protocol. Maybe you can talk to an S7-200 with Modbus over a special comms module. But I dont know for sure.

Thanks alot Jesper, going to take a look on that link later to day,

About PC Access v1.0, is there any other OPC server prog. that is cheaper then Simens?

If you only want to test something for a short time, you can use KepWare, you can run it for free for 10 days. Longer than that you need to pay. You can also access Siemens PC Access for a short time on trail.

But as far as I know you can log values in Excel without a OPC using a S7-200, I haven’t tried it yet.

Use the Data Log Wizard, and play with it.

data_log_wizard.jpg