CP5512 problem

stavel

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with CP5512. The card is normaly detected in Windows (Windows 2000 SP5), but when I try to set communication interface on this card (through "Set PG/PC interface" in program menu), STEP 7 (v5.3 SP3) is unable to find this card. The older card CP5511 is normaly detected. Whole system is running on the older notebook Dell C810.
I have heard this problem should be solved with help of some patch. Does anyone know where can I find this patch?

Thank you for reply

Pavel Ptacek

Hi stavel.

Is the CP5512 inserted in the PCMCIA slot, and the programming cable with the black dongle with the D-SUB connector attached ?

And then there is no CP5512 in the list of configured drivers in the Set PG/PC Interface utility.
Maybe you have to manually "Add" the CP5512 card in the utility.

CP5512 card is inserted in PCMCIA slot and dongle with cable is attached. I tried to add CP5512 manually but it is impossible. Plug'n'play devices have to be detected and added automaticly (information from manual).

Hello again stavel.

And the CP5512 is properly installed ?
Can you see it in the Device Manager ?
If you can, try to open its properties to see if there are any conflicts.

Hi,
Do you have the one PCMCIA slot or two? if you have two, is there any Network/Other adaptor fitted?

As Jesper said - Check the device manager (type devmgmt.msc into the Run Prompt)and check for detection (usually a yellow triangle) until a driver is fitted, If it isnt there you can try "ADD HARDWARE" via the control panel and search for it.

This is similar to the situation i had, In my case the CP5512 hadnt been detected, so you cant install it via PG/PC interface.

My reason was i had a second Network adaptor in the other PCMCIA slot and must have taken up the some resource the 5512 needed.

I removed it totally, and rebooted with the CP5512 fitted and everything went to plan.

The Laptop was a IBM Thinkpad T30, my current Dell only has one slot and i didnt have any problems.

Hope this helps

STL

As I said, the card is detected and runnig correctly. I cant see any HW conflict in Device Manager. My laptop has two slots. The card stands there alone. I tried to run the card in both slots but it brought no effect.

Hello again stavel.

It sounds like Siemens support are the only ones that can help.

Just so that your are forewarned: One of their typical recommendations is to make a comlete deinstall of all Siemens software including manual removal of registry entries.