How to program analog inputs PS4

Elektron21

hi

i have a PS4-201-MM1 with 2 analog inputs en 1 analog output.

How can I program the analog inputs and output, with the PS4 software? I have a demo version of PS4

Not sure what version of Sucosoft the demo version is based on. I have Sucosoft 5.

First you would make a new topology configuration using the topology editor. Select the PS4-201-MM1 as the processor.

Then you would create your first POU and it asks you if you want to generate variables from the topology. When you say yes, it will put variables in the global section of the POU for all hardware I/O points. The names are blank but the addresses are there.

The inputs are addressed %IAW0.0.0.0, %IAW0.0.0.2, %IAW0.0.0.4, %IAW0.0.0.6. Note that all word addresses have to be even. I think the first two addressed analog values refer to the pots on the front of the controller under the cable connectinos. The the hardware ones would be ...4 adn ...6. Although I could have that reversed.

Tha address for the analog output is %QAW0.0.0.0

The inputs are 10 bits and will read 0 to 1023 for 0 to 10V. The output is 12 bits and so you set it at 0 to 4095 for 0 to 10V out.

Hope that helps.

I use Socosoft S40 5.00. I tried to create an POU, but I got Errors. A sample of my code:

VAR
Converter: DataScale;
Start AT %I0.0.0.0.0: BOOL;
Analog_Input AT %IAW0.0.0.4: INT;
Analog_Output AT %QAW0.0.0.0: INT;
Continuation AT %I0.0.0.0.1: INT;
Range_Error AT %I0.0.0.0.2: USINT;
Parameter_Error AT %I0.0.0.0.3: USINT;
END_VAR

CAL Converter (Set := Start,
InputValue := Analog_Input,
InputRangeBegin := 200,
InputRangeEnd := 400,
OutputRangeBegin := 200,
OutputRangeEnd := 4000,
OutputLimitLow := 250,
OutputLimitHigh := 3800
|
Analog_Output := OutputValue,
Range_Error := Status,
Parameter_Error := Error)

LD Analog_Output
ST Continuation

Where does it go wrong? I used a sample of the help file

Take a look at this sample:

DataScaleSample.jpg

Your addressing is wrong. In the sample, only the Start and AnalogInput values are defines as inputs. The rest are just internal memory. You only need to give addresses for the hard I/O points... (You can also assign addresses to internal memory which is called markers. These are used to setup communications between other devices such as HMI's and the PLC).

Anyway, you should try to use the example exactly as given, including all of the addressing of variables..

Good Luck,