Rsview Global Ack for all 4 HMIs,Time Synchronization,Communication via remote OPC

asim_rana

Dear Experts

We are using 4 Rsview stations communicating with redundant contrologix having rev 13 on a LAN. We need help in following 4 areas

• Global Acknowledge If Alarms are acknowledged from one HMI then it should also automatically acknowledged from others also. Now we have to acknowledge from all 4 HMIs manually.
  • Time Synchronization Time of all these four HMI stations should be same so how to synchronize it
  • Activation Thistime we have got activations on a printed page not in floppy & we don’t have internet excess there so how to activate these software
  • Communication Speed slow Now we are communicating using OPC but data is slow I mean normally it takes almost 8 to10 sec to change. I have read some time to use Remote OPC but I need it in detail.

Thanks & Regards

Muhammad Asim Khan

Global Acknowledge If Alarms are acknowledged from one HMI then it should also automatically acknowledged from others also. Now we have to acknowledge from all 4 HMIs manually.
Muhammad,

The very implementation of the alarm acknowledge means that each station must acknowledge any RSView alarm. That is why I only use the official RSView alarms for very simple one-terminal systems.

For multi-terminal systems, I implement the alarms and the alarm acknowledge in the PLC, and do not use the RSView "alarms". In this way, when the PLC receives ANY acknowledge from ANY of the terminals, it immediately sets a bit that means "Alarm has been Acknowledged". In turn, all the other terminals read this bit and show the alarm as acknowledged. The RSView terminals are used as "dumb" terminals for the alarms, because the built-in RSView alarms are not used (except for alarms that effect only 1 terminal). All other alarms are handled and acknowledged by the PLC. Therefore, because all terminals share the PLC, all terminals know when an alarm has been acknowledged.

Time Synchronization Time of all these four HMI stations should be same so how to synchronize it
Again, because the computer terminals do not have Internet access or share a common Local Area Network, then the only common point is the PLC. The time synchronization must use the PLC to transmit the same time to all terminals. This can be done in two or more ways. One way would be to make one terminal the "master timekeeper". This terminal's system time is moved into RSView as one or more Tags. The other RSView terminals then read these Time tags and set their time to be the same.

For the "master timekeeper" terminal, you may use the "System" Tags (for Hour, Minute, Second, Year, Time, Year, Month, and so on). Set new database time Tags equal to these System tags of your choosing. Then the new time tags will be available to all terminals.

Another method is to use the PLC's time and date, and make it available using Tags in RSView. This again gives all terminals access to a common time. However, the disadvantage is that is is more difficult to reset or modify the PLC time.

Last edited: