Softshop 505

consys

We are using Softshop 505 to program Seimens TI plc's. I have noticed that when programming SFP's that they must be done one line at a time. My question is how can I add IF..ENDIF logic to the PLC while it is running. If I could enter multiple lines then the entire IF..THEN..ELSE..ENDIF could be entered prior to running, but it seems that Softshop only allows one line at a time. I don't like the idead of having an IF stament running before the ENDIF has been programmed.

o_O

It's been a while since I used Softshop (Workshop 505 is what I have been using lately), but the procedure carried out in communicating and accepting edits is done the same for both...still the same PLC!

Even though you're only entering one line at a time, none of the lines take effect until you have placed the controller into "Run" mode. While programming online, the PLC has to be in "Edit" or "Program" mode. So, don't worry about entering only one line at a time...just wait to place the PLC in run mode once you're done.

My bad we are using Workshop...
Once I have entered a line is SF say "MATH V2283. := LMN24." then I need to click the "tick" box before I enter another line. I don't get the option to place the PLC into run mode. I do in ladder but not in SF. Once I click the "tick" I get a dialog asking me if I want to put the PLC into run "yes" or "no" .

oh

oh, maybe if we select no, it just wont assemble the last modification, or...will it stop the plc?, because its confusing when it tells you to put it into run, but it really means assemble edits i think hmmm....:(

Last edited: