apa file type

sheprock

Question from a newbie. I have some PLC screenshots on a Panelview Plus 1500 saved as ".apa" file. I have no idea what this file type is, or what can open it. Is there a readily-available (that is, free or cheap) program that can read them?

Sheprock
I have no idea how panelview plus works, but is there a print function for the screenshots? if you have adobe acrobat software you can print directly to the adobe acrobat as pdf format. that's usually what i do with my plc ladder diagrams. if there isn't, use the "Print Scn" function available on every PC and save it as a picture format.

Actually, the file is not on the panelview computer, but it is on my own computer for reference. However, I have no idea how to open the .apa file that the screenshots were saved into.

The .apa file is an "archive" version of a PanelViewPlus application. I've only ever opened such files with the tools supplied for the purpose with RSViewStudio so I don't know if anything else will open them (I doubt that anything will). As long as there are no more than 5 screens in the archived application the demo version of ViewStudio will be able to open it.

NOP is entirely correct. The *.APA file is an RSView Studio archive, which includes the graphics, database, macro, alarm, and configuration files for an RSView Machine Edition project.

It can only be un-archived into the local FactoryTalk directory by the RSView "Application Manager" utility. Then it can be opened by RSView Studio.

If you don't have these tools, call Rexcel or the Rockwell Automation office in Orlando, and I'm sure one of their technical people can help you get a runtime or hardcopy of your screens generated.