Redundant Controlnet

lllerena

Did anyone have tried the Redundat Control Net over ControlLogix??

I have a ControlLogix (1) with 1756-CNBR modules (3 remotes chassis), also a Panel View 1000, two Power Flew (AC drives) and a flex I/O over thE ControlNet. I made it work fine (all comunicate). But how to make the second cable (Redundant?) work ? I do not see any configuration zone for the redundant.

When I disconect the "A channel" (cable) on the CL chassis (scanner?) it goes to error and loose the signals from the others equipments.

How to configure the Redundant ControlNet?

Thanks in advance

Luis

ControlNet media redundancy is set up in the General Network Properties window in RSNetworx for ControlNet.

Right-click in the Network View and select Properties, or use the Network -> Properties pull-down menu.

This window lets you set up network-wide parameters like the NUT, the maximum Scheduled and Unscheduled node numbers, and the Media mode (A only, B only, or A/B).

When you enable Channels A&B to both work, be patient with Channel B getting a solid green LED; it can take several minutes the first time it is plugged in. Even without a solid green LED, Channel B will take over 90% of the time if Channel A goes down, but it's very slow to get a solid green light guaranteeing that it has good data.