Connecting Problem Laptop to Simatic OP 27

R_Locus

Hi Everybody,

My problem is that on a UV desinfection channel, there is an intensity sensor giving 4-20 mA signal to plc siemens simatic S200.A simatic op 27 is connected to the plc. I received signal to my plc, checked the PIW is indacting but on the OP27, it is 0. I have bought a software Simatic tool/prolite v4.0, but when i connect it to the op27, the module between my laptop and op27 is not lighting. I have even configured the jumper to MPI on the OP 27. Can anyone help me how i may proceed. I want to read the data in the op27, may be there is a in the program of OP27 as it was fauly ,we send it for repairs since then may be the problem arose.

Please help me with some suggestion how i could proceed to connect my laptop to the op27 and read the program, I suspect the adress with the PIW in the PLC have changed. Thank you very much in advance.

Hi,
You cannot upload the OP27 project out of the panel into Protool, There is only a compiled version inside the unit which can be backed up using the Prosave utility on the protool disc.

This backup however cannot be viewed/edited inside Protool.

Basically you need the original programmers copy of the program.

Also the unit needs to be switched to transfer mode to enable transfers.

If you cant get hold of the Protool project, Then i would check inside Step 7 either in the code or VAT to establish where the problem lies.

Did this ever work? if so it is unlikely your problem is in the HMI.

Hope this Helps

hi,Thnks for the reply.
Well, we have check from the step 7 program from PLC, the analogue input card is receiving the 4-20 mA and we can read it on the monitoring window.

Moreover, note that before it was working,

What is HMI? Do u mean Human Machine Interface.
I have protool lite 4.01 version but i cant get acces to the OP27. Could you please help?

Hi, I thought it best to post your private message onto the forum, That way you can get more Help.

OK if you are 100% sure that that your Signal is Correct, Then Something isnt correct OP27 wise.

First thing you need to check is the address that your value is read by the OP27, this is not always the hardware address, sometimes a signal is conditioned before being read by the HMI.

This will be either an address in Memory (M) or a Datablock Address.

When you sent the unit for repair - What was the original problem?

Do you have a Backup prior to the repair to reload?

Do you have the Original Protool project available?

Is there another machine of the same type which is working?

Bottom line, If you dont have the original Protool program or cannot get it from your machine supplier, Then you cannot do anything with the current program running within the OP27 other than back it up (Non editable).

You would have to start a new project from scratch!

Regards

PS Yes i mean Human/Machine Interface

Hang on.

One minute everything was working OK, next minute the OP27 is displaying a value of 0 on one data point. There's a lot of questions need to be answered here -

1) What happened between the last time the system was working, and when it first showed this symptom? I'm not clear about the sequence of events here. Can you explain this in detail?
2) Why do you think the address would have changed? Addresses don't change. Not unless someone changed them. Has someone been reprogramming the PLC or OP27?
3) Are there any other symptoms e.g. error messages, other values being misreported etc?

Regards

Ken