French/English speaking technical person

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

We are a small controls company in Ireland and we have just got the
contract for a big job(Well big for a small company like us.
As always there is one small problem.

All the programs, drawings and manuals are in French.I have
nothing against French just I can not speak a word of it.We are
looking for someone to convert it to English.I have used some
tools on the web but they do not work that well.I think we need someone with some tech back round.I can mail all programs and drawings if someone is willing to take it on.I would be willing
to pay by the hour as I dont think a price could be really possible.
If anyone knows anyone in Ireland or England this would be brill.

Sorry if this is a small bit of the norm.

Donnchadh

You might want to make a post calling for Pierre!

Yes, we do have a semi-regular-irregular Canadian that is a French-Speaking Technical guy, with English as a second language. He shows up now and then. And yes... his name is Pierre.

Maybe you can work out a contract of some kind.

Nevermind... I already posted it for you.

Last edited:
Have you tried one of the translation programs? May help - search on Google.

Bob,

Have you ever tried them?…I thought they were great until yesterday, I wrote a sarcastic reply to this thread in ‘translated’ French…then I translated it back to English…I could not even understand what I wrote in English…

Example:

English:
Hi Bob,
How is your day going? Hope all is well, and you have a nice week, by the way how’s the weather in Australia these days?

Translated French:
Bonjour Bob,
Comment votre jour va-t-il ? Espérez que tout est bien, et vous avez une semaine agréable, d'ailleurs quel temps fait-il en Australie de nos jours ?

Back to english:
Hello Bob,
How your day go does? Hope that all is well, and you have one week pleasant, moreover which time is the weather in Australia nowadays?

Now that was non-technical stuff…

I have the same problem with all of my German documentation

at least it's fun :-D

automated translation is still in early stages. the only usable automated translation i've seen so far was german/english (not perfect but good enough, probably because those languages are related).