Analog addressing.

rsbishtxx

I would like to know why do we require two bytes to handle the analog datas, like 4-20ma or 1-5 volts.
How does this works.

In general, because one byte can only handle 256 discrete values, so you would only resolve to 0.015 volts on the 1-5V range. Using two bytes, you can handle 65,536 discrete values. Two byte values (16 bits) can therefore theoretically resolve to 0.000061 volts on the same signal.

[edit]
/sigh. I didn't realize the poster posted multiple topics on this.

Similar Topics

I apologize if I've missed an existing thread on this topic. I have added a siemens rack to replace a Beckhoff remote IO rack and all is well...
Replies
Views
Good day! i would like to ask about what are the analog addresses in mitsubishi plc..the siemens s7 300 plc has PIW and PQW.. what should i use...
Replies
Views
i was wonder how i would go about addressing an analog current generator in cx-programmer that is connected from the slave drt1-ad04. The master...
Replies
Views
The noob returns! In the attached image, you can see where I've configured a remote analog output. Where I'm having a hard time, laughably...
Replies
Views
Hi, In InTouch (I'm using v9.5) you can address bits of a tag like this: tagname.01 = 0; This has the advantages of only having to set up one...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom