Micro Logic 1500 upload problem

WallyPrestone

Hello,
Keep having fault , compiler fault when upload AB Micrologic 1500
thru RS232, reload RS-500 software no help
keep having compiler fault un-known
RS-Link be able to communicate with PLC O.K.
Please advised

Wally

You either have corrupted processor firmware, or an old copy of RSLogix 500 that doesn't support the firmware you have in the controller.

It would seem to me that you're an ideal candidate for a technical support contract with Rockwell.

Recently, due to the replacement of new laptop , I reload all the software
the RS-Link are O.K. I do have RS-500 and RS-5000 they are up and download O.K. just only Micrologix 1500 , the RS-Link could detect and communication are O.K. all firmware of the PLC are known good,
I do not have contract with AB support .
Hope someone have the similar problem will help

Thanks for you quick reply
Regards,
Wally

Horse, here's water.

What version of RSLogix 500 are you using ?

What version of RSLinx Classic are you using ?

What is the firmware revision of the MicroLogix 1500 controller you are using ?

Are you using DF1 Full Duplex or DH-485 protocol ?

What is the exact text of the decompiler error message ?

Is there an error code number associated with the decompiler error message ?

Was this MicroLogix 1500 program converted from a program for an old fixed I/O SLC-500 controller ?

What version of RSLogix 500 are you using ?
VERSION 4.50.00

What version of RSLinx Classic are you using ?
VERSION 2.42.00

What is the firmware revision of the MicroLogix 1500 controller you are using ?

1764-LSP SER C REV D

Are you using DF1 Full Duplex or DH-485 protocol ?
DH-485 PROTOCOL

What is the exact text of the decompiler error message ?

UPLOAD - FAILED
DECOMPILER - UNKNOWN

Is there an error code number associated with the decompiler error message ?

7DA2_APPCOMPAT.TXT

Was this MicroLogix 1500 program converted from a program for an old fixed I/O SLC-500 controller ?

THE MICROLOGIX WAS ORIGINAL AND KNOWN GOOD

PLEASE LET'S ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

THANKS FOR THE HELP

Your software is too old to support this controller.

RSLogix 500 version 4.50 was released in November of 2000.

MicroLogix 1500 Series C Rev D was numbered as Firmware Release 7, and was released in April 2003.

Any "Series C" MicroLogix 1200 or 1500 controller requires at least version 5.10 of RSLogix 500 software to handle the controller operating system features.

This is why, as previously mentioned, you should at least keep up a minimal level of support with Rockwell in order to get updated software.

You can attempt to use Rockwell knowledgebase E9855783 to extract the program from the controller, but you will not be able to download it using the revision of RSLogix 500 you have today.

One more issue to point out since you mentioned a new laptop. If this new laptop has XP then you will need version 5.20.00 or above, yes 4.50 may install but 5.00 and 5.10 usually will not.

Ken Roach said:
Your software is too old to support this controller.

Any "Series C" MicroLogix 1200 or 1500 controller requires at least version 5.10 of RSLogix 500 software to handle the controller operating system features.
Another way to check that you will be able to upload is to try to start a program from scratch.

If the processor you have doesn't appear in the dropdown menu selection in RS Logix 500, with the appropriate version, your software is too old. Two years ago, I had the exact same problem as you. A Rockwell Software support contract got me all set (about $500 USD).