Micrologix 1100 Channel 0

panel1

Current project requires Modbus RTU slave @9600 on channel "0". Im planning on suppling a 1763-NC01 cable to allow new project to be daisy chained into existing DH/485 network. I have the micrologix on my LAN via the ethernet port. All is well and communicating great except for the modbus issue on channel 0. Im using a Modbus simulator software from www.calta.com. I have the current version which is 3.54. I also tried to connect TCP/IP Modbus. No success. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I have already contacted the guys at Calta...they are not that familiar with the 1100. Im also posting my channel 0 setup for your review. To summarize I have very little experience with communication protocols and the customer has requested protocol addressing. Thanks in advance for help.

panel1 said:
Current project requires Modbus RTU slave @9600 on channel "0". Im planning on suppling a 1763-NC01 cable to allow new project to be daisy chained into existing DH/485 network. I have the micrologix on my LAN via the ethernet port. All is well and communicating great except for the modbus issue on channel 0. Im using a Modbus simulator software from www.calta.com. I have the current version which is 3.54. I also tried to connect TCP/IP Modbus. No success. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I have already contacted the guys at Calta...they are not that familiar with the 1100. Im also posting my channel 0 setup for your review. To summarize I have very little experience with communication protocols and the customer has requested protocol addressing. Thanks in advance for help.

I am not understood that you have configured the Micrologix channel o port to Modbus but you are saying connected to Dh485 how it is possible

you should understand that he channel 0 you can configuree either for Modbus or DH485 any one only possible. Ethernet will not support modbus protocal.

What node address is your simulator using? Might want to make sure it is not node 1

As far as getting support from them on the 1100, channel 0 is the same on the 1200 which they should be familiar with