Need to show temp tenths in compact logix.

bryancva

I am using RSL5000 to program a compact logix processor with IR6 RTD modules. The data type of the channels are all INT. Under the configuration tab for module properties I am able to select Engineering Units X10 which omce online gives me a reading of 238 which is really 23.8 degrees. I need to show that decimal point. Anyone know how I can do this.

Thanks

bryancva said:
I need to show that decimal point. Anyone know how I can do this.

Show it where and using what software?

For many HMIs it is simply a matter of identifying one decimal place in the display options. For internal compares you don't necessarily need the decimal place, as long as your setpoints are converted to include one implied decimal place. Another option as, Alaric pointed out, is to convert to floating point.

A little more info, please.

Alaric - Thanks, I tried it first using Function Block and could not get it to work, then I did it in ladder logic and everything went great. I do not have any experience with Function Block programming so I am probably doing it wrong.

Tom - We are sending all data to iFix. Basically what we have is nothing more than a data acquisition system. The RTD temps will all go to one common alarm. The operator in the control room will have a iFix view node where temps can be monitored.