Upgrading Scada PC problem

whtrader

Hi,

Need advice. I have an Omron PLC (SYSMAC C200HX) which is connected to Citect 5.01. In the Citect express communication wizard there is no model for C200HX but C200H and C200HS. I used C200HS and it seem to work. I was wondering will this affect the communication? Because I tried connecting the PLC to a new pc WinXP running Citect 6.01 and the process won't start.:mad: The old pc was running Citect 5.01 and Windows 98 and it starts.:confused:

Citect 5.01 was before the C200HX was released I believe - that is why it is not there.

What problems are you having with Citect 6.01 and communications not starting? What communications method are you uysing to the PLC? It is probably a setup problem.

If you ask your local Citect guy he can supply you with a complimentary CD containing Omron FINS Gateway for communictaions. I have found it to be the most reliable communications method between Citect and Omron. It gives you serial, Controller Linh, Sysmac Link, Sysmac Net Link and Ethernet.

Hi BobB,

Are you saying there is a C200HX Omron in your Citect express communication setup?
Actually it is an existing system with configuration Citect 5.01 with PC(Win98). I am trying to upgrade the computer and citect version. What I did was backup the older citect project files and restore it in Citect6.1.It prompt me to update the files which I did. I Did not change any settings on Citect. When I connect the new PC, I can see the conveyor running and the weight readings but I can't run the automode. Can this be cause by not having the Omron FINS Gateway for communications? The weird thing is when I plug back the old pc it runs fine, I can run the automode.o_O Any ideas?

No, there is no listing for the C200HG PLC. Use C200HS as they have the same memory map.

I presume you are using serial to communicate and it appears that comms are taking place if you can see the conveyor running. You do not need FINS Gateway it is inly an optional comms method. If serial is working leave it as it is.

What do you mean by the process won't start or you cannot run automode?

Solved

Solved. The process did not start because it was triggered in Citect using events. The event was not selected in the events setup.