Modbus for SLC5/03

svn

In one application, the user wants to connect their DCS with Modbus RTU on RS485 to SLC 5/03. I think SLC5/03 natively supports only DF1 or DH485. What will be the cheaper and more reliable solution in this case - using a DH485/Modbus gateway or using the Prosoft MVI46-MCM Module? or are there any other options?

Thanks

SVN

ProSoft’s 3150-MCM module, able to directly connect Allen-Bradley’s SLC for modbus communication will be best option

Thanks rPraveenkum,

I downloaded the 3100 3150 User Manual also. I shall go through the manual but mean time can you just tell me the major differences between this module and MVI46-MCM?

SVN

Thanks rPraveenkum for the link

BTW has anybody used DL3500 DH485/Modbus Link? How is it?

SVN

rPraveenkum said:
DL3500 is a DH+ to Modbus protocol Convertor

But in the DL3500-dh-385-modbus Application Note , DataLink have mentioned that it can be used for DH485 also if DH485 Commands in PLC5 format are used with SLCs, Micrologix etc. Does SLC5/03 not support these commands?

SVN