Torque control with Siemens MicroMaster 420

Coralreef

Hi

Does anyone know what and how much torque control options a have with a motor running on a Siemens MicroMaster 420 frequency inverter(controlled by a S7400 plc) ?

Im pretty blank on that subject !!

Thanks !

Coralreef said:
Does anyone know what and how much torque control options a have with a motor running on a Siemens MicroMaster 420 frequency inverter(controlled by a S7400 plc)?

Hi

Unfortunately I have to dissappoint you. It is not possible within MM420 because there in no Vector control option. With MM440 its possible when selected "control mode" is 20 or higher. Torque limits are in parameters (constant P1520 / P1521) and ("external" control / variables P1522 / P1523).

Pete (y)

Damn - my bad :D

It is a 440 im getting :D

So thanks for the info - i will take a deep plunge into the datasheet on monday when i get back at work !

I have found most parameters and i think i will set it up in STARTER(in the VLTs expert list) to run between 0 and 100% (Lower/upper settings).

And then control the actual value by parameter P1503 - set point.

Other than that i have P1500 to CB on COM Link !

But am i missing some settings or parameters ?

How do i transfer the value to the VLT - im getting kinda lost in all them PKW PZD words !!