Module and Port Addressing

brent4169

I just started working with PLC's this week to be exact. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to address the module and port on an OMRON. I've been reading the manual but have yet to find the answer.

TIA

Brent

You will require either Syswin or CX-Programmer for a start. You will also require a cable and interface module. I normally use a CPM1-CIF01 and a serial cable I purchased from Omron.

I have the CX programmer and have been able to connect to the PLC and download the program. At this point I am trying to keep it real simple. I want to detect a push button on the input module and turn on a lamp on the output. I just do not understand how to properly address the module and port.

Maybe I need to rephase the question. Can anyone explain or point me to any info that would help me to understand how a software contact ties to a real world contact. How do I tell the software contact that it is a real contact? Maybe Im too new at this to ask the right questions.

Not an easy one to answer. What is the processor (catalogue number)? It will be something like CQM1-CPU11. What is the layout of the I/O? For example, do you have 3 x 16 bit input cards and then 3 x 16 bit output cards.

With Omron PLCs this is quite relevant. Inputs and outputs take up certain areas of memory. If for example you have 3 x 16 bit input cards in a CQM1, these will take up channels 0, 1 & 2. If you then have 3 x 16 bit output cards,these will take up channels 100, 101 & 102. The channels in between can be used as work bits.

However, if you use channel 3 as internal workbits and then wish to add another input card, you will have to move all the internal bits from channel 3 to another channel as the 4th input card will take channel 3.
Not an easy place to start. Perhaps you should download the CQM1 manuals here
http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/PDFLookupByUniqueID/0BCEF93DC53B20C0862569C3005F0C65/$FILE/M11W226E171200.pdf?OpenElement
and here
http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/PDFLookupByUniqueID/1F2636EB0066E7128525683F005ABD53/$FILE/M11W228E1080806.pdf?OpenElement

These manuals do not include Device Net, remote I/O, analogues etc just the basic PLC.

If the PLC is a CQM1H, then that is a different beast again.