File extensions

cknapp

I am a student using the Rockwell software for Alen Bradly PLC's. I have the PLC simulator to help me in my learning. I would like to get a copy (file) with the program of a machine I use at work to see it operate But the file extensions are different. The simulator uses .rsl while the programs on the Rockwell software use .rsp. Is there a way I can resolve this issue?

Thanks
Charles Knapp

Charles,

The LogixPro simulator was developed by a separate entity. Surely you do not expect Rockwell to allow anoter company to use their copyrighted RSLogix software routines?

Logixpro will not read RSLogix programs, although Rockwell did allow them to use an exact copy of the Instruction Help Files. There is a free version of one of the Rockwell Micrologix programs available from Rockwell online, which is stripped-down version of RSLogix.