Share Step7 licenses over a company network?

Gromit

Hello.

Can we host 3 Step7 licenses on a network server and work with them.
I mean if we have 10 networked PCs with Step7 installed on every station. Is it possible at any time 3 of the PCs work with the 3 shared licenses.
If it's possible, what is the procedure for doing that trick?

As far as I know you need a “floating” license installed on the server. I think it then sends a “token” to the engineering station requesting access, up to 10 stations can be configured depending on the license. The best will be to double check with Siemens. You can also buy a training package from Siemens that will give you twelve licenses for the price of about two normal licenses. I will leave the moral question of using these for engineering and not training applications up to you and the forum. o_O

As far as I know you can transfer with Automation Licence Manager keys trought network from PC to PC. When you locate key which you want to move to another PC you go to Meny Bar - Licence Key, click on Transfer and than trough Network you locate PC and drive on which you want to move the key.
You can always work with 3 PC`s unles you have unlimited key.

Ok

I found the procedure for doing that.
It's possible for the Step7 V5.3 license keys and above.

Regards