PV600 embedded character variable

Wolverine458

I've done some reading on this forum about displaying text stored in a ST data file in a SLC5-04 on a PV600 and I have a couple of questions:

1) There were some threads stating that you have to address the tag as "STXX:X.1". I don't understand where the ".1" comes from and why it is necessary.

2) What is the array size property for in the character array tag setup? Is this the number of characters I want to display (same as the field width). After validation, I got a warning that says that the array size should be an even number. Is this due to how characters are stored in a SLC (2 characters per word)?

Wolverine458 said:
1) There were some threads stating that you have to address the tag as "STXX:X.1". I don't understand where the ".1" comes from and why it is necessary.
The .1 represent the starting Character location

Wolverine458 said:
2) What is the array size property for in the character array tag setup? Is this the number of characters I want to display (same as the field width). After validation, I got a warning that says that the array size should be an even number. Is this due to how characters are stored in a SLC (2 characters per word)?

your are corrrect that the SLC/PLC does not support sint data type a character occupies a sint, so in a word it contains two character