Wonderware and wwGenericSqlGrid problem

mcalidl

We have currently added a new wonderware screen that shows a table of the current product about to go through the mill. On initially showing of the screen we connect to a database, while showing it we read, and on closing the screen we disconnect. On the disconnect we get a error that says error processing grid1.disconnect on method call. Error in loading dll. It only does this on one of 6 computers we have upgraded screens on. The other 5 have no problem. Has anyone encountered this and been able to fix it. Please help.

You may be getting this error due to a timing issue with the closing of the screen and the call to the Disconnect() method of the control, but not likely. What is more likely is that you are issuing a call to the Disconnect() method somewhere in the scripting of the open window. If the control is not connected or is unavailable when the call is issued again, you will get this error.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Is there anything different about that one computer, whether it's the functions it's performing, the communications load, the hardware or OS, does it have the same InTouch version and patches and service packs applied, along with the service packs and updates for the OS? Without more information on your application, your description indicates that there is SOMETHING different about that one PC.

When I have had strange issue like that they can sometimes be resolved by reinstalling the control under the account that the operator uses when logged in to the PC. I have had issues like that when the control is installed under the administrator account or under a local account and then the problems start when the PC is logged in as another user under a domain account.

Darren

Try using the SQLErrorMsg() function to find out what the error is.

Does your application have other data tables besides the new one?