CTC Interact software: uploading project

edward4444

CTC (a division of Parker Hannifin Corp) makes "Interact" software, used to create graphical HMIs. I have an old runtime version (12 or 13 years old) running on DOS.
I am wanting to upload the project/user files running on this PC up to a laptop. (I want to upload, make some changes using a development version of Interact on the laptop, then download the new project back to the runtime PC).

Note: On the laptop I am trying to upload to, the software being used is "MachineShop", also from CTC.
Note: The runtime software is "Interact", not the newer "InteractX" software.

The documentation makes it sound like the process is simply to hook up a null modem cable between the computers and select "upload"... but the two PCs will not communicate. I've tried diffent COM ports and com speeds, but no luck.
How do I upload?

Thanks

The manual's wiring diagram is wrong. Call the tech support line and he will tell you the proper wiring steps. This is an issue I ran into doing exaclty the same thing.

David

Edward,

we have a CTC touch screen panel..the one we have in the company is an obsoleted model. this is how i did it

1) connect ur laptop to COM1 (if i am not wrong, other com is used to connect to PLC)
2) Push the white button on the back of the terminal, ur screen will restart in different mode.

then follow the regular steps to save the file onto your laptop.

PS: I did this 2 years ago..as far i remember thats what i did. if doesnt work customer service is always there for you

Good Luck.