Citect Variable tag problem

brijacq

Hiya guys,

I have a strange problem with a new customers citect program. (The program has 4000+ tags) When i try to assign a variable tag to a graphic it says the tag does not exist and do i want to create it. I am unable to browse and insert the tag because it says the tag list is too big, so i have tried typing the tag name and also copying and pasting the tag name, but the same fault occurs. Another strange thing is when i select a graphic on the screen and check what tag it is using then click ok it says variable tag is not there and do i want to create a new one. I am hoping someone has had this problem before and can shed some light on how to fix it. I have used the pack function and the program compiles without any errors.

Thanks for any replies.

Brijacq

There are two ways to "fix" this. For both you need to open Project explorer then select Options from the Tools menu item. Either untick "Prompt on Tag not exist" or set the "Maximum list box items" to a larger number.

Thnx for the reply. By increasing the tag size from 5000 to 6000 it has stopped the errors coming up. The problem now seems to be even though the project is 4700 tags, it compiles fine with no errors but when run i think it must be going over the 5000 tag limit, because i am still getting #COM on a few tags which have recently been added. So i think a new licence is required.

Brijacq

If you can access "kernel" during runtime goto "View", "general" you should be able to see under cpu usage two counts one is points static the other is points dynamic. They should be able to show you how many tags you have used. From memory the last time I went over the tag count the tags just didn't work. They were referenced only in a super-genie (dynamic).