Structured Text - TONR

davesbs

How do you make a user defined tag which has multiple attributes like the TONR timer? Can you make your own tag which has the same functionality as a TONR? Can anyone share how they used TONR in a fail to start/stop sequence.. Thank you in advance..

This is what I need to do. I want to control a fail to start/stop output with the TONR timer. when a local or remote start signal is generated and the pump is not running I need the TONR timer to start. If the pump starts before my TONR PRE, I need the ACC or accuulated time to reset to zero. If pump does not start I need the timer DN to go high. How do I acheive this in structured text using RSlogix5000? Any tips.. anything will be greatly appreciated..

This is what I have so far..

//Once start command is issued, start time delay for timer timing
if Pump.StrtCmd AND NOT Pump.Running then
Pump.FailToStrtTMR.TimerEnable := 1;
Pump.FailToStrtTMR.PRE := 50;
end_if;
//Generate fail to start alarm if pump start fails.
if Pump.FailToStrtTMR.DN then
Pump.FailToStrtALM := 1;
Pump.FailToStrtTMR.TimerEnable := 0;
end_if;

Last edited:
davesbs said:
if Pump.StrtCmd AND NOT Pump.Running then
Pump.FailToStrtTMR.TimerEnable := 1;
end_if;
if Pump.FailToStrtTMR.DN then
Pump.FailToStrtALM := 1;
Pump.FailToStrtTMR.TimerEnable := 0;
end_if;

Suggestion:

Pump.FailToStrtTMR.TimerEnable := Pump.StrtCmd AND NOT Pump.Running;

Pump.FailToStrtALM := Pump.FailToStrtTMR.DN;

Note, that I don't use ST. The syntax of this may be way off, but you should get the idea.

Anyone know of some documentation on the Rslogix5000 emulator?.. Not sure how to use it and I need to check some code out.