SCADA Application

2rlp

Hi All,
I wish to display 26 variables on a SCADA screen. The display has to have large sized font. Usually the SCADA applications are run on PCs & diplayed on a monitor. What hardware would I need if I have to display the screen on a LCD TV? Also what will I need to also add a Touch Screen capability.

Pl. reply

Thanks in advance

Ron

Well first of all, the LCD TV would have be touch sensitve and I'm not so sure one of those exists.

Second, as long as your video driver supports 800 x 600 resolution and the LCD has a DVI or VGA port you should be fine there.

Third, you can use the standard windows fonts that come with the SCADA software and change the size or you can download and install custom true type fonts off the internet and install them through Control Panel -- Fonts.

Back in 2001 I did a setup on two server PCs that were monted to 2 Rubbermaid carts. These were setup to be mobile and so that from a safe distance the data could be viewed from a distance. I used 2 NEC Multisync LCD2010x 20.1 inch resistive touchscreens. These were standard (consumer type) LCD monitors but had the added feature of a serial cable which provided for the resistive touch option. They were pretty slick. I used them to calibrate the pressure curve on oscillating spray manifolds that had 8 tubes and outputted the data from the PLCs via DH+ to an excel spreadsheet and displayed a Pressure curve in an excel Chart on the 20 inch screen that was clearly visible 20 feet away.

I don't know if they are still made. They were arround 4500 at the time but I'm sure the price would have dropped by now.

Marc

Use a projector

2rlp said:
Hi All,
I wish to display 26 variables on a SCADA screen. The display has to have large sized font. Usually the SCADA applications are run on PCs & diplayed on a monitor. What hardware would I need if I have to display the screen on a LCD TV? Also what will I need to also add a Touch Screen capability.

Pl. reply

Thanks in advance

Ron

If it is only to display 26 variables, why not use a projector for this. It can be connected directly to a PC, and you can decide the size picture after the reading distance.

I have made an application where we used projectors to display the main picture/data for the system.
Yes it will depend of the environment of where to display the variables, if you can use a projector.