Siemens PG

devalshah_20

My friend has got SIEMENS FIELD PG & I want to download all the programmes in my Compaq laptop? Or some authorization software is needed?

You can copy the Step7 micro/win CD only.
The Step7 and WinCC flexible are equiped with floating keys. Theese are files which can be moved only. You can not use a copy over such files.
So you can copy the Step7 and WinCC flex CDs, but you'll have 14 days license only.

Can you not just ghost the drive and install it on the Compact PC?

I use ghost to backup all of my PC based systems and as far as I know it makes an exact duplicate of the hard drive.

You can't download all the program from Siemens PG to your Compaq PC cos the Siemens PG OS is different from the normal Microsoft OS
Even if you manage to copy the entire software to the Compaq PC then your hardware is different. But you can still use your Compaq PC which you need is the Siemens S5Ag90 Program or new version 7 where you need license keydisk.

A good news. I got the V4.0 STEP 7 MicroWIN SP3 installed today and they are from original DVD that came alongwith Siemens PG. What are the other softwares I can Load? Most of the machines are having S7-300 Programming.
At present, I want learn the logic by reading them. Most of the programs are stored in PG. Now, the big question is, how can I read an S7 - 300 Program? Pl. explain thorougly!

If there is STEP7 on the PG, then go find the original installation CDs for the PG. You can install all the relevant programs to another PC, however if the PG is very old, then some of the programs may be too old to run on a current Windows.
And yes, most Siemens programs require an authorisation to run.

To learn S7-300, STEP7 LITE is enough. This you can download for free from Siemens (200MB !). Search for "STEP7 LITE" on this site and you will find a link to it.

You will also need an online cable, unless you just want to study programming offline.

Thanx Jesper. They have got the Installation CD but I need authorization which is built in PG. So I do not know how to crack it. Do you know?
I shall download S7-300 (Simatic Lite) and will let you know.

By ghosting full PG, will it be able to run in my laptop. The available software is Symantec Ghost 9.0 which I think is the latest.

I need S7-300... Is there any other way?

Thanx Jesper,

The PG is brand new and it is with all new applications including WinCC.Flexible.

My concern is the Authorization? If I copy-paste the Original DVD then will it work in my PC? If the answer is YES than only I want to proceed asking further.

Pl. advice.