PanelView Graphic Question

gizmo

I want to make a numeric display (that shows a timer counting down) to only be visible when timing.
I've got the bit I want to use to make the timer visible and I have the timer value displayed.
Could some please tell me how to make this happen.

Thanks

You could try a multistate indicator instead of a numeric display. The indicator will be tied to your bit. State 0 will have no text, make the colors or that state match your screen background and it will be invisible. For state 1 right click on the message text and use enter an embedded variable. Use your tag for the timer accumulator. I haven't tried this, but it should work.

When I right click on the message text and use enter an embedded variable, every option(date,time,numeric,character etc) is grayed-out.

Anyhelp on why?

Thanks Again for you help!

You will need a multi-state indicator with two states. Note that they normally default to 4 states so you will have to edit the states and delete two of them.

In Panelbuilder 3.8 the workflow is:

• Select Objects/Indicators/Multistate from the main menu bar
  • Place object on screen and size as desired
  • Double click object to open properties
  • Select the States Tab
  • Highlight two rows (like you would in Excel) and hit the <del> key to remove them
  • Erase the text "ST 0" in State 0
  • Highlight the text "ST 1" in State 1/Right Click on the Text/Select Embedded Variable/Variable
  • Enter tag and disply properties for your countdown number
  • Click OK
  • Go Back to the Properties Tab for the Multistate Ind.
  • Select the Single Bit radio button
  • Select the trigger state 0 radio button to match the function of your display bit
  • Select the Tag for your display bit
  • click ok to close the properties window
  • Select state 0 and change the object and fill colors to match the screen background colors (thus, when this state is active, the indicator is invisible)

I think that covers it all.... :)

Follow up

That worked great!
I sure appreciate everybody's help/advice.
Man, I love this site.

Thanks,
Again