Programming Texas (Direct Logic) Model 305

spacehog

I have a loaded Model 305 sitting... I'm 100% new to PLCs.

It has two RS-232 ports... can I program it through these ports or do I need a special programmer?

Can I download the software or do I have to pay a ton for it?

Thanks much.

Wow. I just had it laying around, figured I'd give it a shot. But for that kind of money forget it!

What's a loaded 305 go for? It's the larger chassis.... I think 4 inputs/4 outputs?

spacehog said:
Wow. I just had it laying around, figured I'd give it a shot. But for that kind of money forget it!

What's a loaded 305 go for? It's the larger chassis.... I think 4 inputs/4 outputs?

You won't be able to sell it for even $100.

Note that the PC-DS100 is FREE for just trying out. It will go up to 100 words of logic. AVERY SMALL program but enough to get the feel. The AD site also has pinouts for programming cables if you want to try to roll tyour own.