SCADA and Ethernet network

shaarawi1984

Hello;

I have a project that I should prepare SCADA screens using RSView32, and using Ethernet network.

After preparing the screens, I used RSLinx to identify Ethernet modules I used them in the project.

The qustion is: if we suppose that a digital input from the field to the PLC is now on, how should the rung in the PLC program be in order to make an indication in the PC which has the SCADA screens?

I am thinking of the following:
1- I should create suitable tag in the PLC program (RSLogix5000) that is related to that input
2- This tag should be transferred via Ethernet network to the PC
but how!!
should we use move instruction or not?

if you could write a sipmle rung as an example it will be more helpful for me since I am a bigenner in this field

thank you very much

You can read tags from the plc using rslinx (opc), export your tags from rslogix, import them into linx, if you use slc for example you can use direct driver over ethernet, there is no need to have any ladder to display the data in rsview.