Panel View 900 Memory Card

eleganzase

Are there any restrictions on what memory card can be used on the PV900 2711-T9A5.

I am trying to use a Dazzle; 4 in 1 PCMCIA Digital Media Adapter along with a 1 gig SD card to save the active project. It acts like it works, but the project isn't saved.

The PanelView Standard terminals support ATA Flash devices, including Type II PCMCIA ATA Flash cards and most CompactFlash cards using a Type II adapter.

I have not heard of anyone being successful with an SD card adapter.

If your 4-in-1 adapter supports CompactFlash as well, get the smallest CF card you can and try it.

I have heard anecdotal evidence that the Standard PV terminals won't support cards over 1 GB because they use the FAT16 filesystem, but the actual limit may be lower.

If your PanelView terminal has firmware prior to v3 (and many of the PV900's did) it doesn't support ATA flash at all, only the A-B branded Linear Flash cards (which most PC's don't support).

Linear Flash was the Betamax of removable memory devices over a decade ago.

Thank you. My 4 in 1 didn't support compact flash, but Best Buy had a Compact Flash PCMIA adapter for $12.00 and I had 64 meg compact flash from my digital camera. Worked like a charm. I'll have to try my 4 in 1 with a smaller card and formatted for FAT 16.

Steps to backup

Please include the steps to back up using a PCMCIA and CF card. I am very inexperienced with Panelviews, and have learned alot in a thread I started similar to this. Ken has already helped me much.

1 open config screen in PV.
Config screen is accessed in two ways.
If using Panelview touch then hit white box that appears in lower right corner 32seconds into a reboot.
If using a keypad hit right and left arrow simultaneously.

2 Put memory card into the slot.
3 select memory card in CoNFIG screen.
4 hit save to card
5 select eject card when your finished. and follow onscreen instructions fo removal without screwing it up.

An update, I was able to use the Dazzle 4 in 1 adapter MX61201155 from Comp USA with a 256 mb ScanDisk SD card. The 1 gb SD card acted like it worked but never actually transfered the program.

Thanks

Thanks for your instructions. I am learning a lot from all here. I will try this at our next downtime oportunity.

I am using a PCMCIA adapter with a 512Meg Compact Flash both are Sandisk.

Ken

Hello I had question on saving from memory card to panel view. Ever time power is off to machine we have to re load the program also time and date I have read there is a battery for time and date if that battery is changed would that correct issue of memory too or is there another issue?