How can I get information from Allen Bradley PLC Emulator

NMD

Hi all,
I'm using

RSLogix 5 (Rev.: 3.22.00.00)
RSLogix Emulate 5 (Rev.: 5.00.03.04)
RSLinx (Rev.: 2.40.01)

I'm programing a PLC program in RSLogix5 and using RSLogix Emulate 5 to simulate. There are 2 digital signals and 2 analog signals. Now, I want to make an appliction by Visual Basic to read some information from them. How can I do? If you have any document about it, please tell me.
Thanks.

First create a DDE topic within RSLinx pointing to your RSLogix file. Within your VB app, create an object to hold your value... such as a label or textbox. In the properties box of your created object add assignments to the Linkitem, Linkmode, and Linktopic... such as item = F8:0, mode = 0,
topic = rslinx|vbtest. Now create a command button and add code to read the configured data. Example in the attached word doc shows a custom CNC operator screen that displays tool data stored in the logic. Next three windows show RSLinx DDE configuration followed by sample code and object config box. To read the data you'll use the LinkRequest command.