Help

corriemcomish

Im tryin to write a report on PLC's heres the question!

Write a report which explains the functionof each part of the PLC block diagram.

The block diagram consists of Program Memory, Control unit, Work memory, input interface, output interface

someone plz help me,

Corrie xx

Is this for college, some kind of test/homework.

You'd find more help put forward if you attempt an answer yourself and asked for help in any errors/misconceptions.

yeah its for college.... its cool...ive kinda got an answer for it, i found another website..it kinda helped! hopefully it does the trick! 🤞🏻

thanks

corrie xxx

Corrie, I think your instructor would prefer that you read over the material and come to your own conclusions. I didn't see it ask anywhere in the problem to get a report off the web and regurgitate it.

You (and others) might think that this is to slam you or you might even say that "I'm just looking at information and researching the web", but I'm not sure that your instructor would agree. To prove me wrong, please go to your instructor and tell him/her that you looked up the information on the web and just wrote it down. The point of higher learning is just that - learning. My 9 year old can do a google search and copy and paste that same information, but I wouldn't want her to program a plc (yet).

I heard a recent story from my daughter's school -

One of the kids handed in a homework assignment. The teacher glanced at it and immediately said "Take this away. This is just a straight, unedited copy from the Wikipedia article on this subject."
The pupil looked the teacher straight in the face and replied "Well, I wrote that Wikipedia entry."

Regards

Ken

I never just regurgitated it, i simply read how a plc operates and put it in to my own words so that i would understand it myself.

i didnt just copy and paste it off of the webpage, My lecturer in fact told us to use PLCS.net for some hints and tips, in which i did just that.

Ken M,

That has all the trappings of an urban legend. I wonder how many tellers of that story claim that it happened in their school.

Corrie,

Be careful. The "blocks" in that block diagram are somewhat arbitrary. they are artificial devices invented by the author of the text to divide the overall function on the PLC's CPU into more manageable sections. They are intended as an aid to understanding all the tasks performed by the CPU. Someone else's description might use a different set of blocks. Your best bet would be to read the text assigned for your class and regurgitate the answers you find in it.

This sounds like the hoary old HNC curriculum, for which most of us here have nothing but contempt. There is a review site for the HNC stuff. Its called freestudy.UK or something similar to that. If you search the archives of this site, you'll come across a link to it.

Last edited:
I have worked hard to be where i am, its not easy being a girl in a mans job, if u dont believe you dont need to believe me but tomoro when i go into college the guys in my class will ask me for the answers...then who will be doin the copying not me, because i understand how a PLC works and have written my report on how i think it operates, not on how a website has put it!

Steve said:
That has all the trappings of an urban legend. I wonder how many tellers of that story claim that it happened in their school.
Oh cut me some slack! How am I supposed to raise a smile on your faces? Oh, I forgot. I need to put a damned smiley at the end of every sentence that isn't necessarily true. I suspect every teller claims it happened in their or their offspring's school. Doesn't make much of a story if you don't. It was intended to be an amusing aside, not a detailed critical analysis of the internet, the dissemination of knowledge, the definition of what qualifies as knowledge in that realm, and how it affects our use of traditional knowledge sources within the teacher-pupil relationship established by traditional educational institutions.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

corriemcomish said:
I have worked hard to be where i am, its not easy being a girl in a mans job, if u dont believe you dont need to believe me but tomoro when i go into college the guys in my class will ask me for the answers...then who will be doin the copying not me, because i understand how a PLC works and have written my report on how i think it operates, not on how a website has put it!

Corrie,
you would get much more respect if you didn't just let people copy your homework.

Ken M,

Take a deep breath. I don't use smilies myself. I prefer to let my witticisms and witlessisms stand or fall on their own merits, fully understanding that sarcasm is a two-edged sword and that if I'm not careful I might cut off my own head on the backswing.

Thanks for the little hint on where to find what i was lookin for, thats all i really wanted out of this, but no it caused people to start thinking i would copy it word for word into my report! Thanks for your help!

(y)

Corrie

Ken M said:
I heard a recent story from my daughter's school -

One of the kids handed in a homework assignment. The teacher glanced at it and immediately said "Take this away. This is just a straight, unedited copy from the Wikipedia article on this subject."
The pupil looked the teacher straight in the face and replied "Well, I wrote that Wikipedia entry."

Regards

Ken

I thought it was funny. But then again I laugh at most anything.
:rolleyes: