modsoft bmot motion control

james power

We are useing a modicon 984 with a bmot 201 motion controller connected to a advanced motion controller driveing a pittman elcon 11 motor we use MMDS and a set of block commands to talk to the motion controller i have not much experience with servo drive control.
I have used the SASS book{ single axis servo system}
I find every thing about this very hard could anybody tell me is this an awkard servo system :( is their an easier way :D
or can any body recommend some magic site where i can get some cool info :p thanks for reading look forward to any reply
regards [email protected]

What I think you are saying:
You have a Modicon Compact 984 controller using 984 Ladder Logic and an AS-BMOT-201 motion module.
You also have Modicon's Motion Development Software (MMDS).
You have read Modicon's Single-Axis Software (SASS) user guide.
You are confused as to how to implement a servo system, with the Modicon PLC.

Facts I know:
The MOT201 motion module is designed for use with DC and other brushless drives. The primary feedback used by this DNP servo system is position information from an encoder attached to the motor. Velocity information is derived from the position information, there are no provisions for a velocity transducer. The controller provides a +/-10VDC command signal (either velocity or current) to the DC drive.
The motion profiles are developed using the MMDS software and are stored directly in the MOT201 or in the PLC. If the profiles are stored in the PLC, they are transferred to the MOT201 using the MRTM function block.

Now, is your question:
Theory - How do I do generate motion profiles for a single axis control?
or
Practice - How do I move the profiles from the Compact 984 PLC into the motion module?