TP270 Protool pro alarmmessages >70 char

Werner

Hi there!

A collegue of mine has a protool pro project (TP270). In this project he has alarmmessages with texts longer then 70 characters. When you try to change/add text to this alarmtext it is not possible. (Normally you can not make an alarmtext longer then 70 characters). I don't know how he managed to get the longer text in in the first place...

Does anybody know how to get alarmmessages longer then 70 characters?

Last edited:
This is a wild stab in the dark. Could he be using WinCC Flex, or was the project originally done with WinCC Flex? It could also be that he converted the project from another type of panel.

Maybe you can put the extra long text in the "info text" for each alarm.
I dont think you can have more than 70 chars anyway. It is strange that he could put more than that.

Does the extra long text also display inruntime ?

JesperMP said:
Does the extra long text also display inruntime ?

He didn't know, he is checking it now. (He just imported and downloaded the translated files and didn't check if it was ok....)

Today he called back. The alarms are visible in runtime. Even in the alarmhistory the alarms are there. In the first place you only see the 70 chars. But if you select the alarm then the rest of the text becomes visible in a line below the first part of the line.

Apareantly alarm texts longer then 70 chars are possible. Just export the languages, make the alarm texts longer, then import back into the protool project. There are warnings but the text displays on the screen. Must be some kind of bug or the displays are already prepared for longer text. (Protool is old compared to WinCC flexible)

Are alarmtext longer then 70 characters possible in WinCC flexible?