RSLinx pro and RSLinx lite, what is the difference?

shaarawi1984

Hello;

Anyone knows what is the difference between RSLinx lite, and RSLinx pro. I have RSLinx lite and during my reading for many threads I saw some things that is not in my menu bar like OPC (I think so).

I use RSView32, and RSLogix5000 software, will RSLinx lite work with these type of software or not?

thank you

shaarawi1984 said:
I use RSView32, and RSLogix5000 software, will RSLinx lite work with these type of software or not?

thank you

for RS L5K RSlinx lite is ok but for RSView32 you should use atleast Rslinx OEM

Hello;

Do you know if we use RSLinx with RSView32 what is the symptoms that indicate that we should use RSLinx OEM (for example). i.e RSLinx is not the suitable software in our case? (Like the communication will not appear, or the communication appear but will not work,....)

If you want to save a small amount of money, you can go for RSLinx Single Node in stead of RSLinx OEM.
The difference is that RSLinx Single Node only allows to connect to one PLC in stead of many, and the connection type is OPC - the direct drivers are not available.

There are some bundles of RSview32 with RSlinx Single Node.

Thank you rParaveenkum, and JesperMP for your replies.

In the project I study it in oreder to excute it, there are more than one PLC.

Thank you