PLC Programming - Sort Table of registrs

chetanp2000

I am using Modicon PLC for process control. or one my application i have to sort Table of Register Ascending or descending. Values in this tables are changing at reagular interval so i have to sor the entire table after each value change.

Sorting a table.

This is something I have never had to do......

Interesting.

I'm thinking a lot of SUB blocks used to compare values..

how large is the table?

Brian.

I have done something similar, but don't have access to modicon now. (hopeless memory, need it in front of me to remember).

This wasn't sorting on value though, it was tracking positions and every now and then a new object would appear in the middle of the tracked items.

I had to empty out the table into a 'temp' table to the point I wanted to add something in, then after placing in moving the data back.

Actually its sounds a nice little problem to solve.