beginners question

senen

hi,
we have machine with s7 200 plc and a micromaster drive link to port 1.i like to make some changes to plc program not related to the micromaster drive.first of all we still don't have the software
for add-on instruction libary for controlling the drive. i will make changes to the plc program(like adding indicating light)not related to the drive then download the modified program.is this new program will affect the micromaster drive?

thanks
senen

Senen,

The new program must contain all the program for the Micromaster drive. If you leave the original logic intact and add things on at the end, it should not affect the operation of the original logic. Be careful, save the old program so that you can restore it if your changes do not work as expected.

thanks lancie1,
this forum always help me out.i did what you ask me to do and evrything went smoothly.

THANKS AGAIN""""""""

SENEN