Automation Direct

chawesspe

Most of my work has been with AB but have been asked to do a job using an Automation Direct plc. Looks like there will be some math, PID and 4 to 20 ma stuff. How robust is there equipment? Looking at there prices makes me wonder if i'm getting what I pay for. :confused:

my company have 10 Automation direct DL205 PLCs, used in the packaging lines....they are pretty good for the price u get...direct logix is not that friendly as Rslogix is. Other issue u might face is with input and output connections..u might want to buy terminal blocks to have some space between cables.

Good luck

Love them now

We also have about 10 of the 205's also. There are also on pachaging lines. Now that I have used them for awhile I love them but it was a slight learning curve. We had been using seimens 200's

I have no real PLC experiance outside of AD, but we've got hundreds if not thousands of 205 and 06 PLCs spread all over the globe and have a very low failure rate.

marksji said:
I have no real PLC experiance outside of AD, but we've got hundreds if not thousands of 205 and 06 PLCs spread all over the globe and have a very low failure rate.

Most of the failures I have had with AD is either right out of the box or something I did. I miss some of the higher functions I can get out of AB but when the job does not call for it, no sense buying it.

Don't overlook the forum on AD's website.
I had a dumb question that was answered in minutes - just like this site

I have four 06s been chugging along for 2 years without a burp.
Just found a spare 06 with a problem - won't read the X100 series inputs.

I can't speak relative to other platforms as all I've used are AD's and PICOs, so what do I know.

I only have two 06s an 05 and a 205 (240 CPU) on my test bench. A 'few' cables also but no HMI

Would I buy from AD again? Yep.

Rod