ControlLogix motion Axis status display

russrmartin

Hey guys, I want to display the axis status of a servo in PV+. Specifically, I want to display whether the axis is On or off. As in, MSO completed, axis is on. MSF completed, axis is off. MASD completed, axis is shutdown. As far as the MSO part is concerned, what tag value can I address to to monitor the on/off condition of the axis? Thanks in advance.

Russ

russrmartin said:
Hey guys, I want to display the axis status of a servo in PV+. Specifically, I want to display whether the axis is On or off. As in, MSO completed, axis is on. MSF completed, axis is off. MASD completed, axis is shutdown. As far as the MSO part is concerned, what tag value can I address to to monitor the on/off condition of the axis? Thanks in advance.

Russ

Russ,

When you configure the axis in RsLogix5000, a data type AXIS_SERVO_DRIVE will be created for each axis in your project. When you expand the data typed named, you will see a whole list of tags that give you axis details. You are specifically looking for :
Your_Axis_Name.DriveEnableStatus
Your_Axis_Name.ShutDownStatus

both are type BOOL, that can be used on a PV+ to toggle message display

Ian

Need a double check

Maybe I had a brainfart yesterday during checkout. I had used both bits you suggested. The drive enabled did not seem to work. Perhaps I have an addressing problem that I didn't see. I'll doublecheck this this afternoon. Thanks for the quick response.

Russ