Problem with Block Transfer in Panelview 1500 Plus

mulderm

Hello,
I still have new problems with the migration of Panelview 1200
to Panelview 1500 Plus using Remote I/O on the PLC5.
Now I get the errors:
PKTX RIO Adapter Driver detected Block Transfer size mismatch for
BT7 Rack 2 Slot 0 driver, BT8 Rack 2 Slot 4 driver, BT9 Rack 2
Slot 8 driver.
I have attached the converted BT configuration (RSView Blocks.zip) and the Block Transfer in the PLC5 (Transfer Blocks.zip).
Who can help me to fix this?

mulderm

mulderm said:
Hello,
I still have new problems with the migration of Panelview 1200
to Panelview 1500 Plus using Remote I/O on the PLC5.
Now I get the errors:
PKTX RIO Adapter Driver detected Block Transfer size mismatch for
BT7 Rack 2 Slot 0 driver, BT8 Rack 2 Slot 4 driver, BT9 Rack 2
Slot 8 driver.
I have attached the converted BT configuration (RSView Blocks.zip) and the Block Transfer in the PLC5 (Transfer Blocks.zip).
Who can help me to fix this?

mulderm

Looking at you screen captures,

It appears you have the block sizes set to 32 bytes in your PV+ application. The BTW in the screen captures indicate sizes of 8 , 7 and 8. I have not done RIO on PV+, but I do know from other applications, block sizes must match

Ian

But I get the error messages!
When I set the sizes from 32 to 8,7 and 8 the module
groups/slots are different.
What is the solution for this?

mulderm

I believe Ian is correct. It's been a while but as I remember the BT length is used as part of the identifier to define which PLC transfer goes to which BT# in the PV. In any case, the length in the BT in the PLC must match the length as defined in the PV regardless of the amount of data you want to trnasfer.

Keith

Keith,
Use communication with Remote I/O.
Change the size in the plc is not an option, because the size of the data words for example 32 overwrite other data.
So I want change the size in the BT configuration.
The problem now is when I change example BT7 the size from 32 to 8 the group/slot value disappear and 2/0_ is not available any more.
Wat must I do?

mulderm