Just a short note...

waggs

Hey Gang,
Been awhile since I've been here but may be back now. Just relocated from Michigan to Sunny Southern California for a job in the wind farms of Palm Springs . Will be switching from A-B to AD...may be looking for HELP from time to time. Thanks especially to Phil for this forum as my new employer found me after I'd posted in the 'Want Ads' seeking a job. See you all.

Bob

Waggs,
Sounds like a great job.
I saw the Huell Howser piece on the wind turbines. That was good.
Fill us in on any Technical details as you learn them.
Good luck in the desert.

Hey buddy, that's great! Hope you are far enough inland that you won't slide into the ocean. If you get homesick for snow, there are several wind prijects going on in my area. There is a big one (for this area) about 30 miles south of Rockford that has been operating for a few years now. I saw some ads, but they all involved travel for the new farms coming in.

Travel was out of the question, but now that I am "Quasi-Single", thats probably not an issue for at least a year.

I start Monday (contract initially) for a major manufacturer in suburban Chicago, who has a different division that makes plc's. There may be an occasional plc used in this equipment, but not often. So I doubt that doubt that I become an expert on S6's. It will be interesting, pay isn't great, atmosphere isn't great, 90 mile commute one way. But, I was tired of wiring houses in the morning, delivering newspapers in the afternoon, and trying to stay awake to wire houses at night.

Hope you love the daylights out of it out there. Would have loved to seen you closer, like maybe 1500-2000 miles worth. Remember, we'll always have some, rain, cold, and snow for you here in the heartland!

BESTEST REGARDS..... casey 9 "illinois ham"

Are you keeping your 8-call, or gonna defect to a "6"?

- - . . . . . . - -

jstolaruk, gbradley and Casey...

Well, they made the job sound so interesting and funfilled that pay and benefits didn't even enter into the conversations...yeah, right. But truthfully, I was tired of getting kicked and knocked down by the auto industry in Michigan. Too many layoffs, too many nickle/dime offers and too much muggy weather this past summer. After visiting the 'farm' and getting tested by climbing a windmill we went home to Michigan and pretty much had our decision made on the flight back home. New job, new surroundings, new people and things are better already.

Yeah Casey, would loved to stay a bit closer to home but things just weren't panning out there. A relocation of some sort was going to have to happen no matter what...so we chose this one. Looking forward to pretty much shirtsleeve weather throughout the winter and then off to the mountains (less than an hour drive)for relaxation or an hour and a half to the beaches in the other direction. I will miss the change of seasons though...oh, thats right, look out the front door and look toward the mountains.

I did a bit of contract work too, but it took up so much time and I was dogged tired, as you see how that happens. I expect you to send me some of that snow once in a while...I'll look forward to that.

Best of luck to you too Casey in the new job. I hope that it pans out for you and all goes well. I'll try and keep the gang up on whats going on in the industry, which, bye the way, is starting to grow in leaps and bounds...albeit, small leaps and bounds. Oh yeah, I'll be keeping the '8 call...had it 30yrs now, no defection for me.

73s all around...
Bob