Communication cable with SLC5/01

This question concerns an Allen Bradley SLC 5/01. I have a SLC 5/01 PLC at home set up as a simulator (switches and lights). I have RS Logix 500 and RS Linx on my lap-top.I need a cable to communicate the PLC and lap-top.WE are using a 1747 PIC at work to do that.I dont have a PIC at home I'm wondering if I can use something else to do my communication like a network cable if yes how do you do it.I don't
want to spend to much money.

Any help is appreciated.

and make sure that your home computer has a REAL serial port - many late model computers don't have one - the PIC will not work through a USB adapter -

Similar Topics

Hi Everyone, I need to know how to communicate panel view 600 plus with slc 5/03 via serial cable NC-13 if any body know this technique please let...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know what software the IDEC FA-2J Controller uses? And what cable is needed to communicate? I can barely find any information on this...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I need to change the configuration on an C200HW-PRM21 PROFIBUS-DP Master Unit and looking communication cable. Any one knows where...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, From experience which is better for field use, 90 deg or straight and why? I a inclined to buy the straight one but started...
Replies
Views
hi i know that it require wire gaure 18 but i just want to know is that posible to use eternet wire as a io communication wire. (because it cheap...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom